Saturday, March 17, 2012

More vending machine adventures

Strolling along Araha Beach, Chris and I found some interesting drinks.  And they were hot!  Nice way to warm up the hands on a chilly night but not so much for drinking.

Red bean+milk and creamed corn drinks

First up:  Pokka's じっくりコトコト とろーりコーンポタージュ (Slow Boiled thick corn potage).  (Google translate calls it "roughing slowing corn carefully".)  I think it's supposed to be more like a prepackaged soup than a drink.  Either way, if you're thirsty for some creamed corn, this is the drink for you.

Next:  あずき オレ(red bean au lait).  I love red bean treats!  Azuki is mildly sweet (similar to the beni-imo flavor).  I though this was a tasty drink - almost like red bean ice cream - until I got to the whole beans at the bottom.  Don't like chunks in my drinks, sorry.  (Anyone else remember the Orbitz drinks?)

(btw, Gen is ridicuously good!  On our date night we shared the Godzilla Roll and the grilled Mahi Mahi roll, and I got the teriyaki beef bowl.  Yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment