Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tanabata and yukata

While out running errands yesterday, we stopped off at Sun City, the outdoor mall on the corner of Gate 2 Street and 330, to do a little exploring.


Tanabata festival decorations

Wishes written by children

Most of the shops were older and we didn't find a place that looked good for lunch, but I spotted a rack of cheap yukata sets and decided to buy one.  The kimono shop was really cute.  I'll have to go back this fall to see if they have something for Owen's Shichi-Go-San.






Although I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to wear it, I'm still enjoying the practice.  Unfortunately, we'll miss most of the festivals by going back to Oregon this summer.  I also need more supplies (I didn't realize how much went into even the informal yukata, like the himo belts that keep the yukata in place under the obi).

At least my post-baby belly is good for something - I don't need to pad with extra towels to get the traditional silhouette.  Yatta!



Picture challenge: shoes I wore today


Day 7 of the blog challenge: pet peeves.  I'm a misanthrope who worked for years in retail, tech support and food service, then drove frequently in Virginia - I have too many to enumerate.  I'll let Indiocracy sum it up for me: "You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits? Now you know why he built that bomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment