Monday, September 3, 2012

Owen's 3rd Birthday

Owen's birthday is at the end of August and we were lucky enough to have the chance to celebrate at home in Oregon again.

He's been obsessed with trucks, especially big ones like dump trucks and bulldozers, so I decided on a construction theme.  Thanks to my dad being a contractor, we had plenty of real construction supplies on hand for decorations.

The decorations

Isaac loving the bubble/backhoe combo

One example, I made some temporary coffee tables out of my dad's supplies.  He had several plywood boards laying in a scrap pile.  I placed the boards on top of his extra Homer buckets, and viola - tables!  To dress them up, I simply duct taped strips of orange table cloths to the top.

Tables

But my dad's biggest contribution: his Bobcat!  With Owen's help, he dug up an old tree stump in the yard.  Owen was in heaven!  (And I think Grandpa had a pretty good time as well!)

Grandpa's big surprise!

My new sister-in-law, Lori, made another amazing cake.  She had three tiers of chocolate cake for Owen's 3rd birthday.  So cute and so delicious!




One happy birthday boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment