Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shogatsu

We didn't do anything special today for New Years Day (正月 - Shogatsu).  While traditional ways to celebrate are watching the first sunrise, pounding mochi, or visiting a shrine, we just stayed home and rested.

Earlier in December I went to Aeon looking for yuzu (a Japanese citrus fruit).  I wanted to have a yuzuyu (a bath with yuzu floating in the water) on the solstice but I didn't find any.  At least I was able to find adorable stickers and tape for nengajo (New Year's postcard) and a few other things.

Otoshidama-bukuro (お年玉袋) - envelopes for giving money to children

Nengajo stickers

Stickers and tape
2013 is the year of the snake according to the Chinese calendar, so I got a little snake figurine:

Snake
And of course it wouldn't be New Year's without some champagne.  I found this adorable bottle made by Suntory


So pretty!


Hope 2013 is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment